ForeRetirementTM III C-Share
Maximum Issue Age
Based on owner(s) and annuitant(s).
Maximum issue age may be subject to broker-dealer restrictions. 80
Maximum Annuitization Age
The later of age 90 or ten years from the date of issue (owner can elect earlier date). May vary by firm. Certain IRAs require payments to commence by age 70½.
For all contracts
|Access to Income|
You can access 100% of your account value free of charge at any time.
All guarantees assume compliance with the benefit rules and are based on the claims-paying ability of Forethought Life Insurance Company.
Not all share classes are available in all firms.
1 Minimum contract value can be increased to $10,000. Subject to change and state approval.
2 All expenses are described in the prospectus.
3 Total annual fund operating expenses may not include any contractual waivers that may apply.
5 Each Premium Payment carries its own Contingent Deferred Sales Charge. Taking partial withdrawals may significantly negatively affect your investment. Please consult with your Investment Professional before making partial withdrawals to be sure that you understand the ways such a decision will affect your contract.
4 Please see the prospectus for more details regarding limitations and restrictions pertaining to these features, such as investment restrictions and availability. Optional benefits may not be available in all states and firms and may be subject to ordinary income tax. Optional benefit charges are annualized and assessed quarterly.
5 Charges based on the benefit value and assessed against the contract value. If Spousal Continuation is selected under the Single Life option for income protection benefits or any death benefit options, the rider charge upon Spousal Continuation will be the then-current charge for new sales, if available, subject to the election rules then in place.
The ForeRetirement Variable Annuity is available in multiple share classes, which each have different fees and charges as described in the prospectus. Financial professionals’ commissions may also differ depending upon the share class selected. You should discuss which share class is right for your clients based on the available options. Important share class considerations include, but are not limited to, investment holding period and investment flexibility.
Variable annuities are sold by prospectus only. The prospectus contains investment objectives, risks, fees, charges, expenses, and other information regarding the variable annuity contract and the underlying investments, which should be considered carefully before investing. You should read the prospectus carefully before investing money. The prospectus is available here, or you can obtain one from your registered representative.
This information is written in connection with the promotion or marketing of the matter(s) addressed in this material. The information cannot be used or relied upon for the purpose of avoiding IRS penalties. These materials are not intended to provide tax, accounting or legal advice. As with all matters of a tax or legal nature, you should consult your tax or legal counsel for advice.
All optional benefits are subject to state and firm approval and variations.
Taxable distributions (including certain deemed distributions) are subject to ordinary income taxes, and if made prior to age 59½, may also be subject to a 10% federal income tax penalty. Distributions received from a non-qualified contract before the Annuity Commencement Date are taxable to the extent of the income on the contract. Payments from IRAs are taxable in accordance with the normal rules surrounding taxation of payments from an IRA. Early surrender charges may also apply. Withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and any optional guaranteed amounts in an amount more than the actual withdrawal.
If you are investing in a variable annuity through a tax-advantaged retirement plan such as an IRA, you will receive no additional tax advantage from a variable annuity. Under these circumstances, you should only consider buying a variable annuity if it makes sense because of the annuity’s other features, such as lifetime income payments and death benefit protection.
The issuing insurance company is not an investment adviser nor registered as such with the SEC or any state securities regulatory authority. It’s not acting in any fiduciary capacity with respect to your investment. This information does not constitute personalized investment advice or financial planning advice.
ForeRetirement is a flexible premium variable annuity issued by Forethought Life Insurance Company, Indianapolis, IN: FL-FPVA-NCDSC-12, FL-FPVA-NCDSC- 12CA, FL-FPVA-NCDSC-12CT, FL-FPVA-NCDSC-12FL, FL-FPVA-NCDSC-12MT, ICC12-FLICVA-NCDSC. ForeRetirement is underwritten and distributed by Forethought Distributors, LLC.
All statements qualified by final prospectus and Contract and are subject to change without notice. In the event of a conflict between this information and that contained in the prospectus and/or contract, the prospectus and contract shall prevail.
All information herein is as of 5/2015, unless otherwise noted.
- American Century VP Growth Fund
- American Century VP Mid Cap Value Fund
- American Century VP Value Fund
- American Funds Global Growth and Income Fund
- American Funds Growth Fund
- American Funds Growth-Income Fund
- American Funds International Fund
- American Funds New World Fund
- American Funds Managed Risk Asset Allocation Fund
- BlackRock Capital Appreciation V.I. Fund
- BlackRock Equity Dividend V.I. Fund
- BlackRock Global Allocation V.I. Fund
- BlackRock High Yield V.I. Fund
- BlackRock U.S. Government Bond V.I. Fund
Forethought Investment Advisors
- FVIT American Funds® Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT Balanced Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT BlackRock Global Allocation Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT Franklin Dividend and Income Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT Goldman Sachs Dynamic Trends Allocation Portfolio
- FVIT Growth Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT Moderate Growth Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT PIMCO Tactical Allocation Portfolio
- FVIT Select Advisor Managed Risk Portfolio
- FVIT Wellington Research Managed Risk Portfolio1
- Franklin Income VIP Fund
- Franklin Rising Dividends VIP Fund
- Franklin Small Cap Value VIP Fund
- Franklin Strategic Income VIP Fund
- Franklin Mutual Shares VIP Fund
- Templeton Foreign VIP Fund
- Templeton Global Bond VIP Fund
- Templeton Growth VIP Fund
Goldman Sachs Strategic Income Fund
- Hartford Capital Appreciation HLS Fund
- Hartford Dividend and Growth HLS Fund
- Hartford High Yield HLS Fund
- Hartford International Opportunities HLS Fund
- Hartford Total Return Bond HLS Fund
- Hartford Value HLS Fund
- HIMCO VIT Index Fund2
- Invesco V.I. Balanced-Risk Allocation Fund
- Invesco V.I. Core Equity Fund
- Invesco V.I. International Growth Fund
- Invesco V.I. Mid Cap Core Equity Fund
- Invesco V.I. Money Market Fund
- Invesco V.I. Small Cap Equity Fund
- Lord Abbett Bond Debenture Portfolio
- Lord Abbett Fundamental Equity Portfolio
- Lord Abbett Growth Opportunities Portfolio
- MFS® Growth Series
- MFS® International Value Portfolio
- MFS® Investors Trust Series
- MFS® New Discovery Series
- MFS® Value Series
- PIMCO All Asset Portfolio
- PIMCO Global Dividend Portfolio3
- PIMCO Total Return Portfolio
- Putnam VT Equity Income Fund
- Putnam VT Income Fund
- Putnam VT Voyager Fund
1 Formerly known as FVIT WMC Research Managed Risk Portfolio. Name change effective 4/30/15.
2 Effective 10/20/14, the Hartford Index HLS fund was reorganized into the HIMCO VIT Index Fund.
3Formerly known as PIMCO EqS Pathfinder Portfolio. Name change effective 7/13/15.
ForeRetirement variable annuities are issued by Forethought Life Insurance Company and are underwritten and distributed by Forethought Distributors, LLC.
The investment options listed have certain associated risks. For more information about these risks, and to learn more about each investment option’s investment objective, charges and expenses, please refer to the prospectus.
You can download electronic versions of the prospectus, statement of additional information, literature and more.
ForeRetirement Variable Annuity Suite Brochure
Marketing materials may not be available for use in all states.